Current Affairs Quiz: 12 February 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as National Winter Games, ‘Step with Refugee’ campaign and new one Rupee note among others.
12 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as National Winter Games, ‘Step with Refugee’ campaign and new one Rupee note among others.
1. When will Arvind Kejriwal take oath as Delhi Chief Minister?
2. What is the new name of coronavirus?
3. Which company was named as the highest profitable PSU in Public Enterprises Survey 2018-19?
4. According to the RBI notification, who will sign the new one Rupee currency note?
d)President of India
5. Which former Jharkhand Chief Minister announced to merge its Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Democratic) Party with BJP?
6. Who recently launched the ‘Step with Refugee’ campaign?
7. Which Union Territory’s Lieutenant Governor recently launched a Financial Inclusion Outreach Campaign?
b)Jammu and Kashmir
c)Andaman & Nicobar Islands
8. Which state has approved Ground Water Act-2020 to improve ground water levels?
9. The UNSC conducted a vote on resolution supporting ceasefire in which nation?
10. Which Indian hill station will host the National Winter Games from March 7, 2020?
1.(b) February 16th
Arvind Kejriwal will be sworn in as the next Delhi Chief Minister on February 16, 2020. He will be sitting on the CM’s chair for the third straight time now.
The World Health Organisation has officially named coronavirus as ‘COVID-29’. The new name has been given to prevent the use of other names for the disease, which may be inaccurate or stigmatizing.
3. (d) ONGC
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Indian Oil Corporation and NTPC are the top three companies in the PSU survey of 2018-19. Their total profit share was 15.3 percent, 9.68 percent and 6.73 percent respectively.
4. (c ) Finance Secretary
The central government has announced to introduce new one rupee note in the market soon with new security features. ‘The Government of India’ will be written in Hindi on the top of this note. It will be signed in Hindi and English by Finance Secretary Atanu Chakraborty.
5. (b) Babulal Marandi
Babulal Marandi, the first Chief Minister of Jharkhand and President of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Democratic) Party, recently announced that his party will be officially merged with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on 17 February.
6. (d) UNHCR
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees-UNHCR recently launched 'Step with Refugee' campaign. Individuals participating in this campaign will challenge themselves to cover a distance of two billion kilometers in 12 months.
7.(b) Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir’s LG GC Murmu has launched a financial inclusion outreach campaign to extend financial services to all areas that are un-banked.
8.(d) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has approved the Ground Water Act-2020 to improve the falling groundwater level. Under the act, penalty would be imposed on the individuals and institutions who pollute the groundwater.
The United Nations Security Council( UNSC ) conducted a vote on a resolution supporting a ceasefire in Libya on February 12, 2020. The resolution was called by Britain.
Gulmarg, a hill station in Jammu and Kashmir will be hosting the National Winter Games from March 7, 2020 under Khelo India. The five-day games will comprise 30 events under five broad activities- snowboarding, snow skiing, cross country and snow show.