Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Mascot of 2016 South Asian Games, Padma Vibhushan conferred and TAPI Gas Pipeline project among others.
1. Name the Mascot of 2016 South Asian Games which was unveiled on 13 December 2014.
2. The logo and mascot of the 12th South Asian Games games were unveiled on 13 December 2015. The games will be hosted in
a) Kathmandu, Nepal
b) Hambantota and Colombo, Sri Lanka
c) Guwahati and Shillong, India
d) Dhaka, Bangladesh
3. Name the Indian actor who was conferred with the Padma Vibhushan, the second-highest civilian honour, on 13 December 2015.
a) Amitabh Bachchan
b) Dilip Kumar
c) Manoj Kumar
d) Shashi Kapoor
4. Construction work on the TAPI Gas Pipeline project started in Turkmenistan on 13 December 2015. The project will not connect which of the following countries?
5. Name the country where for the first time female candidates contested and won in municipal council elections on 13 December 2015.
b) United Arab Emirates
c) Saudi Arabia
6. Name the person who was appointed as the Ambassador to Saudi Arabia on 11 December 2015 by Ministry of External Affairs.
a) Julio Ribeiro
b) Ahmad Javed
c) Datta Padsalgika
d) Rakesh Maria
7. Identify the renowned agro-economist and founder of Shetkari Sanghatana who died in 12 December 2015 in Pune.
a) Sharad Joshi
b) Vinay Hardikar
c) Vinay Desai
d) Pinaki Pawar
8. Identify the Japanese shuttler who on 13 December 2015 won the Men’s singles at the BWF World Dubai Superseries finals.
a) Sayaka Takahashi
b) Kento Momota
c) Sayaka Sato
d) Akane Yamaguchi
9. The Government of India on 12 December 2015 signed Memorandum of Understanding for establishing three Indian Institute of Information Technology in which three cities?
a) Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata
b) Kolkata, Pune and Chennai
c) Ranchi, Nagpur and Pune
d) Nagpur, Ranchi and Raipur
10. Identify the Indian-origin writer who on 11 December 2015 was declared as the winner of the prestigious South East Asia Write Award for Singapore.
a) Gopal Baratham
b) Muhammad Ariff Ahmad
c) P Krishnan
d) Jamaludeen Mohamed Sali
11. Name the state that on 12 December 2015 constituted a task force under Union Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha for setting up an International Financial Service Centre (IFSC) in its capital.
b) Andhra Pradesh
12. Who of the following on 13 December 2015 won the title in the FIA Asia Cup category in the Coffee Day India Rally, which concluded in Chikkamagaluru, Karnataka?
a) Rahul Kanthraj and co-driver Vivek Bhatt
b) Lohitt Urs and co-driver Shrikanth Gowda
c) Gaurav Gill and co-driver Musa Sherif
d) Karna Kadur and co-driver Vivek Ponnusamy
13. In which city the 21st Conference of Parties to UNFCCC was held between 30 November and 11 December 2015?
d) New Delhi
14. As per the Paris Agreement on Climate Change that was adopted on 12 December 2015, how much the developed countries will raise annually to finance climate change mitigation projects by 2020?
a) 200 billion US dollars
b) 150 billion US dollars
c) 100 billion US dollars
d) 50 billion US dollars
15. Followers of which religion on 12 December 2015 started celebrating 10-day long Losar festival in Ladakh religion?
1-(a) 6-(b) 11-(a)
2-(c) 7-(a) 12-(b)
3-(b) 8-(b) 13-(a)
4-(d) 9-(c) 14-(c)
5-(c) 10-(d) 15-(c)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.