Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like TARANG mobile application, 200m gold in the 2016 Rio Olympics and Sangeet Martand Ustad Chand Khan Lifetime Achievement Award among others.
1. Which of the following entity was incorporated as the first PSU under the Department of Posts?
a) India Post Payments Bank Limited
b) India Small Finance Bank Limited
c) India Post and Telegraph Limited
d) India Remittance Bank Limited
2. Union Government launched the TARANG mobile application to
a) Track power transmission projects
b) Receive complaints from telecom users
c) Monitor central sector schemes
d) Facilitate business to business services
3. Which international quasi-judicial body recently banned wrestler Narsingh Yadav for four years following an appeal by World Anti-Doping Agency?
a) United States Merit Systems Protection Board
b) Court of Arbitration for Sport
c) International Narcotics Control Board
d) None of the above
4. The State Bank of India Board approved merger of this bank with itself
a) Kotak Mahindra Bank
b) Yes Bank
c) Bharatiya Mahila Bank
d) Canara Bank
5. Who won the men’s 200m gold in the 2016 Rio Olympics?
a) Adam Gemili
b) Michael Johnson
c) Colin Jackson
d) Usain Bolt
6. Who among the following became the first Indian badminton player to enter the women’s singles finals in Olympics?
a) Saina Nehwal
b) P V Sindhu
c) Jwala Gutta
d) Shruti Kurien
7. With which country India signed a short-term route agreement for petroleum products?
8. Union Ministry of Power launched the e-Trans web portal to
a) Track power availability for farmers
b) Facilitate e-bidding of projects
c) Develop green energy corridors
d) Facilitate monitoring of thermal power plants
9. Who was selected for 2016 Sangeet Martand Ustad Chand Khan Lifetime Achievement Award?
a) Satish Vyas
b) Tarun Bhattacharya
c) Shiv Kumar Sharma
d) Bhajan Sopori
10. What was the theme of the World Humanitarian Day that was observed on 19 August 2016?
a) The World You’d Rather
b) Inspiring the World's Humanity
c) Shared Humanity
d) One Humanity
11. Name the world’s largest airship that recently made its maiden voyage in England.
a) Airlander 5
b) Airlander 11
c) Airlander 10
d) Airlander 8
12. Name the Indian female wrestler who won the bronze medal in the 58 kg category at the Olympic Games in Rio.
a) Geeta Phogat
b) Sakshi Malik
c) Geetika Jakhar
d) Geeta Singh
13. The Court of Arbitration for Sport recently banned wrestler Narsingh Yadav for four years following an appeal by World Anti-Doping Agency. Identify the country in which the Court of Arbitration for Sport is located.
a) Lausanne, Switzerland
b) Paris, France
c) Zurich, Switzerland
d) Hague, The Netherlands
14. Which state government will confer Indian wrestler Sakshi Malik with Rani Laxmi Bai Award for winning a medal in Rio Olympics?
a) Uttar Pradesh
15. The Union Ministry of Power launched the e-bidding portal DEEP for
a) Medium term purchase of power
b) Long term purchase of power
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) None of the above
1. (a) India Post Payments Bank Limited
2. (a) Track power transmission projects
3. (b) Court of Arbitration for Sport
4. (c) Bharatiya Mahila Bank
5. (d) Usain Bolt
6. (b) P V Sindhu
7. (c) Bangladesh
8. (b) Facilitate e-bidding of projects
9. (c) Shiv Kumar Sharma
10. (d) One Humanity
11. (c) Airlander 10
12. (b) Sakshi Malik
13. (a) Lausanne, Switzerland
14. (a) Uttar Pradesh
15. (a) Medium term purchase of power
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App