Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like New York Declaration, organoids and surface-to-air missile, among others
1. Which company was recently conferred with the prestigious membership of the Asia-Pacific Aerospace Quality Group (APAQG)?
a) BrahMos Aerospace Private Ltd
b) Bharat Electronics Ltd
c) Electronic Corporation of India Ltd
d) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
2. Which Declaration was adopted by the World Leaders recently at the United Nations General Assembly Summit for Refugees and Migrants?
a) Universal Declaration of Human Rights
b) New York Declaration
c) Doha Declaration on Integrating Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice
d) Lima Declaration on Alternative Development
3. Which service was launched by Indian Railways recently to facilitate access to wheelchairs, battery operated cars for elderly, differently-abled people?
a) Shramev Jayate
b) Rajasani Gram Sewa
c) Yatri Mitra Sewa
d) PRADAN Sewa
4. Who resigned as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Jubilant FoodWorks Limited recently?
a) Ajay Kaul
b) Dev Amritesh
c) Tarun Bhasin
d) Abneesh Roy
5. Which company was acquired by Facebook recently to build Wi-Fi drones, data servers and virtual reality goggles faster?
a) Nascent Objects
b) Two Big Ears
d) Quickfire Networks
6. Who was recently appointed as the first woman Director (Marketing) of Bharat Electronics Limited?
a) Anandi Ramalingam
b) Sucheta Ramalingam
c) Shikha Sharma
d) None of the above
7. The Board of Control for Cricket in India recently tied up with which of the following financial services firms?
a) DSP Merrill Lynch Limited
b) Janalakshmi Financial Services
c) Karvy Group
d) Manappuram General Finance and Leasing
8. A team of researchers recently created a three-dimensional lung, called as organoids. This technique could be used to study specifically which of the following diseases?
b) Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
d) Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
9. Naropa Festival recently started in Ladakh region of India. The festival is also known as
a) Hemis Festival
b) Kumbh of Leh-Ladakh
c) Kumbh of Himalayas
d) Buddhist Kumbh
10. Name the first football referee of Odisha who recently passed away at age of 100.
a) Shankar Bijoy
b) Arnab Mohanty
c) Sumit Karana
d) Narottam Mohanty
11. The Cauvery Supervisory Committee has directed Karnataka to release what amount of water per day to Tamil Nadu.
a) 1000 cusecs
b) 2000 cusecs
c) 3000 cusecs
d) 5000 cusecs
12. Name the political party of Russian President Vladimir Putin that won the Russian parliamentary election.
a) Liberal Democratic Party
b) United Russia party
c) Communist Party
d) Just Russian party
13. Name the institute where the super computer PARAM ISHAN was inaugurated by Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar.
a) IIT, Bhubaneswar
b) IIT, Guwahati
c) NIT Rourkela
d) ISM, Dhanbad
14. Name the most advanced surface-to-air missile that was successfully test-fired by India 8' off the Odisha coast.
15. Name the person who becomes the first minority actor in 18 years to win the Emmy Award for best leading actor in a drama series.
a) Aaron Paul
b) Christian Slater
c) Rami Malek
d) Sam Esmail
1. (d) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
2. (b) New York Declaration
3. (c) Yatri Mitra Sewa
4. (a) Ajay Kaul
5. (a) Nascent Objects
6. (a) Anandi Ramalingam
7. (b) Janalakshmi Financial Services
8. (b) Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
9. (c) Kumbh of Himalayas
10. (d) Narottam Mohanty
11. (c) 3000 cusecs
12. (b) United Russia party
13. (b) IIT, Guwahati
14. (a) Barak-8
15. (c) Rami Malek