28 December 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like India to become 5th largest economy in 2018, PETA 2017 Person of the Year and India and Afghanistan second air cargo route among others.
1. Who was appointed as the Director General of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB)?
b) Kiren T
c) R Kumar
2. Jairam Thakur, who was sworn-in as CM of Himachal Pradesh, contested from which constituency?
3. As per report titled “2018 World Economic League Table”, India will become 5th largest economy in 2018. The report was published by which organisation?
a) International Monetary Fund
b) World Bank
c) Centre for Economics and Business Research
d) NITI Aayog
4. Who inaugurated the 100th annual conference of Indian Economic Association (IEA) at Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU)?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Arun Jaitley
c) Amit Shah
d) Ram Nath Kovind
5. Which state recently signed loan agreement of USD 318 million with World Bank for support in the Climate Resilient Agriculture technologies?
a) Tamil Nadu
b) Andhra Pradesh
6. Which online platform recently began asking Indian users to enter names as per Aadhaar Card while signing up?
7. Indian shooter Anisa Sayyed won the women's 25m pistol gold with a new record at the 61st National Shooting Championship Competitions. She hails from which state?
8. Which Bollywood actor has been named the PETA 2017 Person of the Year?
a) Shah Rukh Khan
b) Priyanka Chopra
c) Anushka Sharma
d) Alia Bhatt
9. Which two regional Indian airlines have joined hands to save operation costs?
a) Alliance Air and Air Deccan
b) Luwang Airline and Supreme Airlines
c) Zoom Air and TruJet
d) Air Odisha and Air Deccan
10. The second air cargo route jointly launched by India and Afghanistan link Kabul with which Indian city?
11. President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated a fiber grid project aimed at expanding high-speed internet facility in which state?
b) Andhra Pradesh
12. Which high court passed a ruling stating that no one has the right to use government land as a burial ground?
a) Bombay HC
b) Madras HC
c) Delhi HC
d) Allahabad HC
1. (a) Abhay
IPS officer Abhay was appointed as the new Director General (DG) of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB). The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved his appointment to the post till 18 November 2019.
2. (b) Seraj
Jairam Thakur, the MLA from Seraj constituency in Mandi, was sworn-in as the new Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh. Governor Acharya Devrat administered the oath of office and secrecy to Thakur and 11 other Ministers at the Ridge ground in Shimla.
3. (c) Centre for Economics and Business Research
As per '2018 World Economic League Table', India will overtake the United Kingdom and France in 2018 to become the world’s fifth-largest economy in terms of the United States dollar. The report was published by the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR), an economics consultancy based in Britain.
4. (d) Ram Nath Kovind
President Ram Nath Kovind formally inaugurated the 100th annual conference of Indian Economic Association (IEA) at Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU) near Guntur in Andhra Pradesh on 27 December 2017.
5. (a) Tamil Nadu
India on 26 December 2017 signed USD 318 million Loan Agreement with the World Bank for Tamil Nadu Irrigated Agriculture Modernization Project to promote climate resilient agriculture technologies, improve water management practices and increase market opportunities for farmers in the state.
6. (b) Facebook
Social Media giant Facebook in the last week of December 2017 started testing the use of Aadhaar by asking new Indian users to enter their names as per Aadhaar Card while signing up. India is the second largest market for Facebook after the United States. At present, there are over 241 million Facebook users in the country.
7. (b) Haryana
Haryana’s shooter Anisa Sayyed created a new national record of 33, winning the women's 25m pistol gold at the ongoing 61st National Shooting Championship Competitions in Thiruvananthapuram on 27 December 2017.
8. (c) Anushka Sharma
Bollywood star Anushka Sharma has been named the PETA 2017 Person of the Year for her wide-reaching work for animals. According to PETA’s Associate Director Sachin Bangera, the actor is a proud animal rights proponent whose kindness and initiative know no bounds.
9. (d) Air Odisha and Air Deccan
Air Deccan, which recently commenced operations with flight services to Jalgaon, has forged a partnership with Air Odisha, under which the two carriers will share each other's network and resources to minimise costs.
10. (a) Mumbai
India and Afghanistan have launched a second air cargo route, which links Afghanistan’s capital city Kabul with Mumbai. The port city in fact received the first cargo of fruit from Kabul on 27 December 2017.
11. (b) Andhra Pradesh
The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the Andhra Pradesh Fiber Grid Project at Velagapudi, Amaravathy on 27 December 2017. The project, initiated by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, aims to expand high-speed internet facility in the state. It aims to cover over 1.45 crore households, more than 12,000 panchayats and 60,000 schools.
12. (c) Delhi HC
The Delhi High Court in a recent ruling held that no one has the right to indiscriminately use any open land, especially that belonging to the government, as a burial ground.The judgement was passed by a bench of Justices comprising Acting Chief Justice Gita Mittal and Justice C Hari Shankar on a PIL that challenged a sub-divisional magistrate's order questioning the use of a government land in Uttam Nagar in West Delhi as a burial ground.