The Delhi Development Authority on 21 August 2014 approved the modification proposal in Master Plan of Delhi-2021. The proposal and its acceptance was done at the 12th meeting of advisory group for taking up the midterm review of MPD-2021.
The proposal for modification of the plan was made by India Broadcasting Foundation and it was forwarded by Union Ministry of Urban Development.
• It was proposed to give permission to media, news agencies and media training centers in public and semi-public uses.
• To allow up to 30 percent of maximum permissible Floor Area Ration for hostel accommodation for students and residential use for essential staff.
About Master Plan of Delhi-2021
• The Master Plan incorporates several innovations for the development of the National Capital Region.
• The policy zones of the plan are National Capital Territory of Delhi, The Central NCR, Highway Corridor Zone and Rest of NCR(National Capital Region).
• The Plan contemplates a mechanism for the restructuring of the city based on mass transport.
• The focal points of the Plan are:
• The Plan gives emphasis on energy conservation, efficiency and exploring alternative sources of energy.
Where: New Delhi
When: 21 August 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.