Foreign Exchange Earnings from Tourism grew by 7 percent in April 2013
FEEs from Tourism Increases by More than Seven Percent in April 2013. FTAs went up by About Two Percent during the First Quarter Of 2013.
The Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) from tourism in terms of Rupee in April 2013 rose by seven percent from the one recorded in April 2012. The Foreign Tourists Arrival (FTAs) in April 2013 remained the same 4.52 lakh with the one recorded in April 2012.
The FTAs in a quarters’ time from January to April 2013 has risen by 1.9 percent to 24.80 lakh. In January to April 2012 the FTAs were 24.34 lakh.
Highlights of the FTAs and FEEs during April 2013 from Tourism
Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs)
• In April 2013 the number of FTAs was 4.52 lakh, while, the number of FTAs in April 2012, was also 4.52 lakh.
• There was no growth in FTAs recorded in April 2013, whereas, the FTAs grew by 1.3 percent during April 2012 over April 2011.
Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) from Tourism in rupee terms and USdollars terms
• During the month of April 2013 the FEEs was 7248 crore rupees, which was 6745 crore rupees in April 2012 and 5724 crore rupees in April 2011.
• In terms of rupees the FEEs grew by 7.5 percent in April 2013 over April2012 as compared to 17.8 percent of April 2012 over April 2011
• The FEEs in terms of rupee from tourism from January to April 2013 is 37323 crore rupee with a growth of 17.7 percent as compared to the FEE of 31713 crore rupees with a growth of 28.5 percent during January-April 2012 over the corresponding period of 2011.
• In terms of USDs the FEEs during the month of April 2013 were 1.333 billion US dollar as compared to FEEs of 1.305 billion US dollars during the month of April 2012 and 1.290 billion US dollars in April 2011.
• The FEEs grew by 2.1 percent in terms of US dollars in April 2013 over April 2012. It was 1.2 percent in April 2012 over April 2011.
• FEE from tourism in terms of US dollars during January-April 2013 were US dollars 6.878 billion with a growth of 9.6 percent, as compared to US dollars 6.275 billion with a growth of 14.7 percent during January-April 2012 over the corresponding period of 2011.
The monthly estimates of FTAs are compiled by the Ministry of Tourism and are made based upon the data received from the major ports and the FEEs from tourism on the basis of data received from Reserve Bank of India.