General Motors (GM) India on 7 December 2015 appointed Kaher Kazem as its President and Managing Director (MD) of the company effective 1 January 2016.
Kazem will succeed Arvind Saxena, who will retire from the company by the end of December 2015.
Who is Kaher Kazem?
• Kazem is an Australian executive who became GM India's Chief Operating Officer (COO) in August 2015.
• He is highly regarded within GM for leading the company’s Uzbekistan operations from 2012.
About General Motors India Private Limited
• General Motors India Private Limited is a partnership between General Motors and SAIC Motor Corporation Limited.
• General Motors has 93 percent stake in the partnership and the remaining 7 percent is held by SAIC.
• GM India is the 5th largest automobile manufacturing company in India after Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata Motors and Mahindra.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Kaher Kazem
When: 7 December 2015
Japan and South Korea reached Agreement on Issue of Comfort Women
Union Cabinet approved construction of 69 bridges on trilateral highway in Myanmar
Union Cabinet approved MoU between India & Jordan for promoting cooperation in IT & Electronics
Dr Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan appointed DG of National Centre for Good Governance