The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Google India on 8 August 2017 launched Android Skill Development programme to improve Mobile Developer Ecosystem.
The programme is aimed at imparting mobile development training on the Android and Web platform and improving the quality of mobile app development ecosystem in India.
NSDC is a public-private partnership enterprise under the Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Highlights of the Android Skill Development programme
• Under the initiative, NSDC will introduce a specific course to create applications for the mobile platform that can be used on smartphones and tablets running on the Android operating system.
• The 100-hour duration course will be designed and delivered by NSDC's partner agencies, outside the formal education system.
• NSDC and Google India will also work together to focus on up-skilling Android trainers under the programme.
• The programme will accelerate mobile skill training and create opportunities for youth in the country.
• The programme will focus on achieving the target of the Union Government's Skill India initiative.
When: 8 August 2017
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider