ICC World Cup 2019: India vs New Zealand warm-up match to begin soon
Get highlights of India vs New Zealand warm-up match, match details, venue, stats and key players.
The much-awaited ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 is scheduled to begin on May 30, 2019. Virat Kohli-led India, one of the title favourites, will be facing New Zealand in its first warm-up match today at the Oval, London.
In total, India will play two warm-up matches before officially entering the world cup. The second one would be against Bangladesh on May 28.
Teams: India vs New Zealand
Venue: The Oval in Kennington, England
Time: 3:00 PM IST
Date: May 25 (Saturday)
Indian Squad: Virat Kohli (capt), Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shikhar Dhawan, MS Dhoni (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul, Mohammed Shami, Vijay Shankar, Rohit Sharma, Kuldeep Yadav
New Zealand Squad: Kane Williamson (capt), Tom Blundell (wk), Trent Boult, Colin de Grandhomme, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham (wk), Colin Munro, Jimmy Neesham, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor.
Team Line-up: Key Highlights
• The key players for India will be Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah.
• Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma are likely to open the match followed by Kohli at number 3 and Vijay Shankar, MS Dhoni and Kedar Jadhav as the middle-order batsmen.
• Besides them, Team India has two all-rounders Hardik Pandya and Ravindra Jadeja and Jasprit Bumrah and Mohamed Shami as frontline bowlers.
• All eyes will also be on Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal.
• The key players for New Zealand will be skipper Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor and Trent Boult.
• Kane Williamson is expected to lend the batting power to the Kiwi’s side along with Martin Guptill and Ross Taylor.
• On the other hand, Trent Boult and Tim Southee will have the responsibility of the ball.
• Since it is a warm-up match, both the sides will be able to use their full 15-member squad.
The first match of ICC cricket world cup 2019 will be held between England and South Africa on May 30.
India’s first world cup match would also be against South Africa on June 5. The two-time World Champions are one of the favourites to win the title.
The Indian Team first won the cricket world in 1983 against the West Indies and the second time in 2011 against Sri Lanka on home ground.
Team India were also the runners-up in the 2003 Cricket World Cup, which was won by Australia. However, the team had a disastrous World Cup campaign in 2007, when it crashed out of the group stage.
On the other hand, New Zealand has never won the World Cup. The team, known as the Black Caps entered its maiden finals at the 2015 Cricket World Cup.