India and the Netherlands signed agreements to enhance bilateral cooperation
The agreements were signed during the visit of Prime Minister of Netherland Mark Rutte to India.
India and the Netherlands on 5 June 2015 signed several agreements to deepen bilateral cooperation.
The agreements were signed in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Netherland Mark Rutte in New Delhi after the two leaders held discussions on various issues related to the region and the world.
Mark Rutte is on a two day visit to India on 5-6 June 2015.
List of Agreements signed between India and Netherlands
• Agreement on setting up Joint Working Group on Counter Terrorism , which will hold its first meeting on 19 June 2015.
• Agreement on manufacturing of dredgers at the Cochin Shipyard.
• Agreement on manufacturing of Measles, and Rubella Vaccine in India, with transfer of technology from Netherlands.
• Agreement on developing coastal roads and metro lines in India.
• Agreement on setting up a Joint Working Group on Skill Development.
• Agreement on developing joint pilot projects for an electric vehicle ecosystem in India.
• Agreement on setting up centres of excellence in areas like horticulture and animal husbandry in India.
The Netherlands is a key partner in India’s economic development as it hosts the second largest Indian community in Europe and several Dutch companies have a long presence in India.
Today, the Netherlands is the fifth largest source of investments in India and in turn India is also the fifth largest source of investments in the Netherlands.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs