Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) on 16 December 2015 tied-up with mobile commerce platform Paytm to offer an additional payment gateway for food ordered through its e-catering facility.
Travelling passengers will have an array of choices for making payments for e-catering like pre-paid (online payment) or cash on delivery (CoD) as per their convenience.
The e-catering facility allows passengers to order meals while travelling.
About Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation
• Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the railways.
• It clocks 5.5 to 6 lakh e-ticketing bookings daily, on an average.
• For e-catering facility, known as Food on Track, IRCTC has already tied up with online delivery firm Food Panda, enabling consumers to order from a variety of cuisine options.
• At present, IRCTC provides e-catering facility in 1516 trains without pantry cars.
• Paytm is an Indian mobile-commerce shopping website launched in 2010.
• It is owned by One97 Communications which initially focused on Mobile and DTH Recharging.
• In 2014, the company launched Paytm Wallet, India's largest mobile payment service platform with over 40 million wallets.
• In March 2015, the company received a 575 million US dollars investment from Chinese e-commerce company Alibaba Group.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Japan and South Korea reached Agreement on Issue of Comfort Women
Union Cabinet approved construction of 69 bridges on trilateral highway in Myanmar
Union Cabinet approved MoU between India & Jordan for promoting cooperation in IT & Electronics
Dr Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan appointed DG of National Centre for Good Governance