IRCTC tied-up with Paytm for e-catering payment
Travelling passengers will have an array of choices for making payments for e-catering like pre-paid or cash on delivery as per their convenience.
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) on 16 December 2015 tied-up with mobile commerce platform Paytm to offer an additional payment gateway for food ordered through its e-catering facility.
Travelling passengers will have an array of choices for making payments for e-catering like pre-paid (online payment) or cash on delivery (CoD) as per their convenience.
The e-catering facility allows passengers to order meals while travelling.
About Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation
• Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the railways.
• It clocks 5.5 to 6 lakh e-ticketing bookings daily, on an average.
• For e-catering facility, known as Food on Track, IRCTC has already tied up with online delivery firm Food Panda, enabling consumers to order from a variety of cuisine options.
• At present, IRCTC provides e-catering facility in 1516 trains without pantry cars.
• Paytm is an Indian mobile-commerce shopping website launched in 2010.
• It is owned by One97 Communications which initially focused on Mobile and DTH Recharging.
• In 2014, the company launched Paytm Wallet, India's largest mobile payment service platform with over 40 million wallets.
• In March 2015, the company received a 575 million US dollars investment from Chinese e-commerce company Alibaba Group.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App