Justice Vikramajit Sen appointed as Chairperson of BCCC
BCCC is an independent self-regulatory body constituted by IBF in June 2011 to examine content-related complaints related.
Justice Vikramajit Sen was on 12 July 2017 appointed as the Chairperson of the Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC). His appointment was approved by the Board of Directors of Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF).
Justice Sen succeeds Justice Mukul Mudgal, former Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice, whose three-year term as BCCC Chairperson came to an end.
About Justice Vikramajit Sen
• Justice Vikramajit Sen is an alumnus of St Xavier's School (Delhi) and St Stephen's College (Delhi). He earned his degree in Law from Faculty of Law, Delhi University.
• After a long tenure as a Judge of the Delhi high court, he was appointed as Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court.
• He was elevated as a Judge of the Supreme Court of India in 2012, an office he served till December 2015.
About Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC)
• BCCC is an independent self-regulatory body constituted by IBF in June 2011 to examine content-related complaints related to all non-news general entertainment channels in India.
• Former Chief Justice and former Chairperson of Law Commission of India Justice A P Shah was the founding chairperson of BCCC.
• Till now, BCCC, a 13-member body, has handled more than 40000 content-related complaints since its formation.