The state government of Karnataka would be creating an ecosystem to bring all stakeholders to use nanotechnology across verticals including energy, medicine, engineering, transport and communication.
The information was shared by renowned scientist C N R Rao at a preview of the ‘Bengaluru India Nano 2017’ on 2 November 2017 in Bengaluru. "Our endeavour is to create an ecosystem for bringing industry, research and academia on one platform with the state government support to use nanotechnology and nano science across verticals," said Rao.
About Bengaluru India Nano 2017
• The Bengaluru India Nano 2017 will be held in Bengaluru from 7- 8 December 2017.
• The event will be organised by the state Department of Information Technology, Biotechnology and Science and Technology.
• It is expected to see participation from over 500 delegates from countries including India, Japan, Britain and US.
• The two-day event would involve discussion of various trends of nanotechnology such as nano sensors, nano in energy sector, nano manufacturing and scalability and nano-medicine.
• Other events include a nano exhibition that will showcase the emerging technologies and the companies working on them.
• Besides this, Nano Excellence Awards would be given out during the event.
This year would be the event’s ninth edition. It would be held with the core theme of 'Nano Horizons'.