Veteran Odia actor and director Hara Patnaik passed away on 13 January 2015 following a brief illness in Bhubaneswar, Orissa. He was 56.
• Hara Patnaik was born on 12 October 1958 in the city of Cuttack, Odisha.
• Patnaik started his acting career with the movie Sahari Bagha in 1985.
• He made his directorial debut in Daiba Daudi in the year 1990.
• As a director, he gave several upcoming actors their first break including Anubhav Mohanty, Sabyasachi Mishra and Babushaan.
• During his 20 years tenure, Patnaik did over 50 films and directed around 20 films.