Logo Design Competition launched for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Campaign
The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development launched a Logo Design Competition for the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Campaign.
The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development on 24 July 2014 launched a Logo Design Competition for the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Campaign. The logo for the campaign is to be developed through crowd sourcing with the purpose of including the logo in all advertisements issued by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and also for mass campaign through conventional and social media.
Objectives of the Global Logo Design Competition
The primary Global Logo Design Competition objectives are as follows:
• Creation of a Logo for a campaign aimed at improving child sex ratio and promote value of the girl child
• Highlight the absolute importance of education in empowering girls
• Ensuring engagement with the youth of the country on this issue as they are the future parents
• Ensuring ownership of the issue by the masses as stakeholders and generating awareness through the competition
About the Global Logo Design Competition
• The Global Logo Design Competition will take place through crowd sourcing.
• The last date for receiving entries is 3 August 2014.
• The winning entry will receive a cash award of Rs. 50000 and national recognition.
• Entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The details of the logo competition for ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ can be obtained from www.wcd.nic.in.
About the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign
The ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign will be a major inter-ministerial initiative of the Union Government of India.
The campaign shall bring together Ministries, Institutions and Civil societies in a rational effort to reverse the declining sex ratio.
The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development will be nodal ministry and will be assisted by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Human Resource Development and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting in this endeavour.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group