Maharashtra Cabinet on 2 February 2016 announced Bharatratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Special Collective Incentive Scheme for the economically backward Dalit entrepreneurs.
The scheme was launched to celebrate the 125th birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar.
Under this scheme, special facilities would be given to Dalit entrepreneurs besides the present Collective Incentive Scheme 2013. Businessmen in Commodities and Service sector would be able to avail the benefits of this scheme.
Major highlights of the Scheme
• Dalit and tribal communities will be allowed to set up their businesses on lands provided by Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC). These lands will be offered at cheaper rates.
• The government will set aside a portion of land in every integrated town for businessmen belonging to lower class.
• Tribal entrepreneurs will be also included under this new scheme.
• Only one member of the family will be eligible for loan under this scheme and start up Unit till get an additional 10 pc incentive
• A single window (Maitri Kaksha) was initiated for giving all permissions required starting business.
• Online Wallet would be made available for those wanting to apply for industrial permissions and all scrutiny and processing fees for would be paid through this and application tracking be available online.
Apart from this, the government has also decided to set up a Venture Capital Fund (VCF) with the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) only for Dalit and tribal businessmen.
Besides this, other State Cabinet decisions include effective implementation of rural housing scheme, simplification of agriculture land dealings and green signal for State Innovation Council for boosting Start Up India programme.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Announced in Maharashtra
When: 2 February 2016