N Srinivasan, the veteran nuclear scientist died
Nuclear scientist, N Srinivasan died on 18 May 2014.
N Srinivasan, the veteran nuclear scientist and Padma Bhushan recipient died on 18 May 2014. He died due to cardiac arrest at the age of 84.
About N Srinivasan
• He joined Department of Atomic Energy in 1953
• He was the design engineer for the Plutonium (Pu) plant at Trombay
• He established the indigenous technology for reprocessing spent fuels from thermal reactors
• Srinivasan was the first project director of the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (formerly called Reactor Research Centre) at Kalpakkam
• Srinivasan helped India to attain self-sufficiency in Heavy Water Production as Chief Executive of Heavy Water Board
• He was a member of Atomic Energy Commission during 1982 to 87
• He was awarded with Padma Bhusan in 2000
• In 2009, he received the Lifetime Achievement Award of department of Atomic Energy for excellence in science and technology