Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic on 1 July 2017 defeated France's Gael Monfils to clinch the Eastbourne International Men’s Singles title.
The top-seeded Serb defeated Monfils 6-3, 6-4 in an hour and 16 minutes.
Djokovic won the title ahead of Wimbledon, which started on 3 July 2017.
Karolína Plíšková is the winner of the Women’s Singles title.
About Novak Djokovic
• Novak Djokovic is a Serbian professional tennis player.
• At present, the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) ranks him at world No. 2 in men's singles tennis.
• He is coached by former Slovak tennis player Marian Vajda.
• He is the winner of 12 Grand Slam singles titles, the fourth most in history.
• He formerly held the No. 1 spot in the ATP rankings for a total of 223 weeks. He is the first Serbian player to be ranked No. 1 by the ATP.
• He has won six Australian Open titles, three Wimbledon titles, two US Open titles and one French Open title.
• In 2016, he became the 8th player in history to achieve the Career Grand Slam. With that, he became the third man to hold all four major titles at once. He is the first male player representing Serbia to win a Grand Slam singles title.
About Eastbourne International
• The Eastbourne International is a tennis tournament on the Women's Tennis Association Tour and the ATP World Tour.
• It is held at the Devonshire Park Lawn Tennis Club, Eastbourne, United Kingdom.
• The tournament has been held since 1974.
• It is classified as a WTA Premier tournament on the WTA Tour.
• It is played on outdoor grass courts, and is generally considered a "warm-up" for the Wimbledon Grand Slam event, which begins the following week.
Who: Novak Djokovic
When: 1 July 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports