Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 17 April 2017 inaugurated a series of projects in Gujarat. These projects were launched during his visit to Gujarat.
Maximum projects were launched in all in Surat district of the state, a district that is a hub of Patidar agitation for reservation in educational institutes and government services. The projects inaugurated by Prime Minister include
• The Multi-speciality Hospital at Katargam
• High Tech Diamond factory at Ichchhapor
• Various plants at SUMUL dairy in Bajipura
While inaugurating the multi-specialty hospital in Surat, the Prime Minister appreciated the spirit of donors for creating best health facilities for the common people.
Apart from this, the Prime Minister also visited Silvas in the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, where he addressed a gathering apart from inaugurating a few developmental projects. There he distributed the forest land rights to the tribals and LPG cylinders and cooking kits to the poor families under the Ujjawala yojana.
Besides, the Prime Minister also dedicated phase-1 of link 2 of the ambitious Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation project (SAUNI yojana) at Botad. In addition to this, the Prime Minister will also lay the foundation stone for the phase-2 of the scheme on this occasion.
About Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation project (SAUNI yojana)
• This scheme will help in providing water from the Narmada to Botad and other surrounding districts.
• This entire project is divided into four phases to fill up 115 dams of arid Saurashtra region with overflowing water of Sardar Sarovar Narmada Dam through a web of the pipeline network.
During his visit to Gujarat, the Prime Minister said that his upcoming visit to Israel will benefit the Diamond industries off Surat. His visit to Israel will be the first visit by any Prime Minister of India.
Who: Several Projects
When: 17 April 2017