Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 16 November 2015 returned to India after his two-nation tour of the United Kingdom and Turkey.
During his five-day visit which took place from 12 November to 16 November 2015, Modi participated in G-20 summit at Antalya in Turkey and met with Queen Elizabeth II, British Prime Minister David Cameron, Turkey President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and others.
During this tour, he stayed in UK (12 to 14 November 2015) and Turkey (14 to 16 November 2015).
Major Highlights of UK visit
• Modi inaugurated Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar Memorial in London
• Modi unveiled Basaveshwara Statue in London
• Modi addressed the Indian Community at Wembley Stadium, London
• Modi paid homage at Gandhi Statue in London
• Modi met with Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace
• Modi on 12 November 2015 became the first Indian head to address the British parliament
• Modi held delegation level talks with Prime Minister David Cameron of United Kingdom and also met Leader of the Labour Party and the Leader of the Opposition
• Modi attended the UK-India CEO Forum
• Modi inspected guard of honour at Treasury Quadrangle in London
• Modi visited Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) plant, a subsidiary of India’s Tata Motors, in Solihull
Major Highlights of Turkey Visit
• Modi attended 2015 G-20 summit chaired by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on 15-16 November 2015 in Antalya, Turkey
• Modi also attended the meet of BRICS leader on the sidelines of G-20 summit
• Modi met with Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the President of Turkey; Mariano Rajoy, the Prime Minister of Spain, King Salman bin Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabi; Malcolm Turnbull, the Prime Minister of Australia, Donald Tusk, the President of the European Council; Jean Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission
• Modi proposed 10-Point Plan to Tackle Terrorism and find solution to refugee crisis
• Modi proposed agenda on development and climate change at G20 meet
• During stay in Turkey Prime Ministers of India and Australia announced completion of procedures for Civil Nuclear Agreement
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 16 November 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.