Eminent poet Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas was chosen for the 2015 Bihari Puraskar on 2 March 2016. He was chosen for the award for his anthology of Rajasthani poems 'Katha Sun Aawe Hai Sabad'.
A recipient of Sahitya Akademi Award, Dr Vyas through his poetry has highlighted the increasing tendencies of commercialization and degradation of human values.
About Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas
• His works reflect the unpleasant changes in human relations, social disparity and loss of human values although positivity and his faith in human life also shine through the vast collection of his poetry.
• He has authored several short stories and poems and his acclaimed works include Shatabdi Niruttar (1977), Footpath Par Chiriya Nachti Hai (1984) and Suraj Leelti Ghatiyan.
• He was born on 10 July 1941 in village Gilund of Raj Samand district of Rajasthan.
• He retired as Principal of RNT College of Teacher Education in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan.
About the Bihari Puraskar
• Bihari Puraskar was instituted by KK Birla Foundation in 1991 and is named after the famous Hindi poet Bihari
• It is given on a yearly basis to the Rajasthani writers for their literary works in Rajasthani or Hindi published in last 10 years.
• The award carries a cash prize of 1 lakh Rupees, a citation and a plaque.
• Apart from original residents of Rajasthan, it is open to those living in the state for the last seven years or more.
The selection for the award was made by a six-member Committee. The Chairman of the Committee is appointed by the President of the Foundation, Shobhana Bhartia.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 2 March 2016