Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22 July 2016 unveiled the foundation stone for the revival of gas based Gorakhpur Fertilizer Plant at Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
The plant is implemented by Hindustan Urvarak Rasayan Limited, which is a joint venture between the Coal India Limited (CIL) and the NTPC Limited.
The revival of the plant entails an investment of 6000 crore rupees in the equity pattern of 50 per cent each between both the Central Public Sector Enterprises.
How the revival of Gorakhpur Fertilizer Plant will help the farmers?
• The revival of the plant will help the farming community getting urea timely.
• It will usher in a new era of rural progress and prosperity in the country especially in the eastern parts of the country.
• The revitalization of these plants will help generate 1.27 million tonne per annum of urea along with other associated chemicals from each plant, bridging the demand supply gap of urea.
• The other positive output will be employment generation opportunities locally.
• The gas will be made available through the proposed Jagdishpur-Haldia pipeline to be constructed by GAIL.
• Earlier on 16 May 2016, CIL and NTPC Limited have formally inked the Joint Venture agreement for the revival of the fertilizer plant.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 22 July 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.