Rafael Nadal on 9 June 2013 won his 8th Men's Singles Tittle of the French Open Tennis Tournament. In the final at Paris, Nadal beat Spanish compatriot David Ferrer 6-3, 6-2, 6-3. With this, he became the first player to win 8 Singles Titles at the same Grand Slam Tournament. It was his 12th Grand Slam title overall. It also gave Nadal his 59th win out of 60 matches played in Paris. Last year, he passed six-time Roland winner Bjorn Borg with his seventh title. Only one player of his generation, Robin Soderling in 2009, has been able to register a victory over him at Roland Garros.
Major Highlights of French Open 2013 are as following:
• The Russian duo of Elina Vesnina and caterina Makarova lifted the Women's Doubles title. They defeated top seeded Italian's Sara Irrani and Roberta Vinchi by 7-5, 7-2.
• Serena Williams won the Women's Singles title of French Open Tennis tournament. She defated Maria Sharapova by 6-4,6-4.
• Bob and Mike Bryan won their record 14th major doubles title by defeating Michael Llodra and Nicolas Mahut of France 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 in the French Open men's doubles final.
• Stéphane Houdet won men’s wheelchair final after defeating Shingo Kunieda.
• Frantisek Cermak and Lucie Hradecka won mixed doubles title at the French Open. They defeated Daniel Nestor and Kristina Mladenovic 1-6, 6-4, 10-6.
• Christian Garin won boys singles title after defeating Alexander Zverev.
• Kyle Edmund and Frederico Ferreira Silva won boys doubles title after defeating Christian Garin and Nicolas Jarry.