Bollywood lyricist Sameer Anjaan on 17 February 2016 was officially recognised by Guinness World Records as the Most prolific Bollywood lyricist ever who has composed 3524 different songs as of 15 December 2015.
Sameer has written 3524 songs in 650 Bollywood movies, and is now the first Guinness Record possessor in this particular category.
Sameer was presented with a certificate during a celebration ceremony held in Mumbai.
About Sameer Anjaan
• Officially named Shitala Pandey, Sameer's musical career was kick-started in 1983 when his first song appeared in the movie Bekhabar.
• Since then, his work has featured in 650 Bollywood movies and he has been nominated for a multitude of prestigious awards.
• In 1990, he came into limelight with hit songs in films such as Dil and Aashiqui.
• He won his first Filmfare Award for the song Nazar Ke Saamne.
• He won two additional Filmfare Awards in 1993 and 1994; one for the song Teri Umeed Tera Intezaar from the movie Deewana, and second for the song Ghunghat Ki Aad from Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Sameer Anjaan
When: 17 February 2016