The 3rd International Conference on Yoga underway in Delhi
The third International Conference on Yoga has begun in New Delhi with the theme ‘Yoga for Wellness.’ The two-day conference is being organized by Ministry of AYUSH as a part of commemorating the celebration of 21 June as International Day of Yoga declared by the United Nations.
The third International Conference on Yoga was inaugurated in New Delhi on 10 October 2017 by Indian Vice President, M Venkaiah Naidu. The theme of the conference this year is ‘Yoga for Wellness.’
The two-day conference is being organized by Ministry of AYUSH as a part of commemorating the celebration of 21 June as International Day of Yoga declared by the United Nations. While the inaugural function was presided over by Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari was the chief guest.
• The event would see participation from over 500 delegates, from 44 countries across the world.
• It would have six technical sessions with yoga focused deliberations by experts.
• It would be followed by a panel discussion between 16 interdisciplinary experts from prominent scientific institutions.
• The key areas of deliberations would include Yoga research in non-communicable diseases and scope of Yoga in integrated medicine, control of cancer, depression, gynaecological disorders and pain management.
• The sessions will have 25 national and international experts as speakers and 11 highly recommended resource dignitaries of Yoga and Medical field as Chairpersons and Co-chairpersons.
Overall, the conference would provide a common platform to AYUSH and allopathy practitioners, researchers, academicians, policy makers and students and enable them to capture and understand various dimensions of yoga for wellness.
• With UN’s declaration of International Day of Yoga and its global celebrations, interest and enthusiasm for Yoga has increased tremendously across the world during the last three years.
• The International Conference has been organized with the technical and logistic support of Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy and Moraji Desai National Institute of Yoga.
• It mainly aims to project the potential of Yoga in the management of certain health problems and for the promotion of wellness and for sharing of scientific experiences.
• This will be the third International Conference on Yoga organized by the Ministry of AYUSH.
• The last two International conferences on the themes of ‘Yoga for Holistic Health’ and ‘Yoga for Body and Beyond’ were organized in 2015 and 2016 respectively.