Union Cabinet apprised of MoU between India and Russia for cooperation in Science & Technology
It calls for exchange of information about conducted conferences, forums, exhibitions, seminars that are of mutual interest.
The Union Cabinet was on 12 April 2017 apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Russia for cooperation in the field of Science and Technology (S&T). The MoU was signed in October 2016.
The MoU is aimed at facilitating and supporting the joint scientific and research activities between scientific organizations that are subordinated to the Agency and scientific organizations and scientists of the Republic of Russian Federation.
Under this MoU, both the sides pledged to cooperate in various manners including:
• Exchange of information about conducted conferences, forums, exhibitions, seminars that are of mutual interest.
• Support and provision of conditions for the formation of scientific projects that are aimed at the conduct of joint research.
• Conduct of joint scientific events (seminars, conferences, round tables) that are aimed at establishing direct connections between scientists of the two countries in the fields determined by the countries.
• Support of establishment of direct connections between scientific organizations, scientists and specialists of the countries.
• Provision of media coverage of the joint scientific activity aimed at the popularization of science.
• Development of inter-disciplinary and multi-institutional projects with the involvement of industry.
The MoU will remain valid for 5 years. Moreover, implementation of this present MoU can be extended for further 5 year periods if neither of the parties informs by written agreement of its intention to terminate it at least 6 months before the expiration of a given 5-year period.