Union Cabinet approved rehabilitation package for Bangladesh enclaves
The total financial implication for implementation of various components is around 1005.99 crore rupees.
The Union Cabinet on 2 December 2015 approved the rehabilitation package and upgradation of infrastructure of the Bangladeshi enclaves and Cooch Behar district. The rehabilitation will take place after transfer of enclaves between India and Bangladesh.
Highlights of the package
• The total financial implication for implementation of various components is around 1005.99 crores rupees.
• This package includes 898.50 crore rupees as the fixed cost of strengthening and creation of infrastructure in Cooch Behar district and Bangladesh enclaves in India.
• Besides, a variable cost of 107.49 crore rupees is likely to be incurred for the rehabilitation.
• All the works will be implemented by the West Bengal government or its agencies in a time-frame of 3-5 years.
• The funds would be released by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs to the West Bengal Government as grant-in-aid.
The rehabilitation package came following the receipt of the two proposals from the Government of West Bengal. The rehabilitation measures such as infrastructure development and rehabilitation assistance will help seamless integration of areas and people.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App