The Union Cabinet on 16 November 2017 approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Poland for the promotion of Civil Aviation Cooperation. The MoU will be for a term of five years.
The MoU will be aimed at recognizing the mutual benefit of cooperation in the field of Civil Aviation to establish and improve the Regional Air Connectivity in India.
Highlights of the MoU
• It will provide support in the civil aviation market by reviewing any legal and procedural issues which may adversely affect cooperation between India and Poland.
• It will provide for exchange of information related to aviation regulations, regional air operations, airworthiness requirements and safety standards to enhance safety and security of air transport.
• It will enable collaboration on organization of training programmes on aviation safely on topics such as safety oversight, airworthiness, flight operations, licensing, legislation and enforcement.
• It will offer aviation associated consultations, conferences and professional seminars, workshops, talks and other such activities on aviation safety.
• It will allow regular meetings for exchange of information, knowledge, expertise and experiences between Ministries and respective Civil Aviation safety.
• It will also enable collaboration on research and studies on aviation safety interest topics and issues of mutual interest.
Who: Union Cabinet
When: 16 November 2017