Union Cabinet approves signing of four MoUs between India and France
The Union Cabinet on March 7, 2018 approved signing of an agreement between India and France to facilitate 'Mutual Recognition of Academic Qualifications'.
The Union Government on March 7, 2018 approved signing of four Memorandum of Understanding between India and France in several fields. These MoUs are:
Cabinet approves Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement between India and France
• The Union Cabinet on March 7, 2018 approved the signing of Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement between India and France.
• The Agreement aims to enhance people-to -people contacts, fostering mobility of students, academics, researchers and skilled professionals.
• Initially, it is valid for a period of seven years and incorporates provision for automatic renewal and a monitoring mechanism through a Joint Working Group.
Cabinet approves agreement between India and France in field of academics
• The Union Cabinet on March 7, 2018 approved signing of an agreement between India and France to facilitate 'Mutual Recognition of Academic Qualifications' and also the period of study undertaken by students in recognized educational Institutions within the two countries.
• The agreement will help in expanding the educational ties between India and France and will go a long way in boosting the educational relationship between the two countries.
• It will encourage mobility of students from both the countries by facilitating possibilities for them to continue their studies in the other country.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and France to prevent illicit consumption of Narcotic Drugs
• The Union Cabinet on March 7, 2018 approved an agreement between India and France on the prevention of the illicit consumption and reduction of illicit traffic in narcotic drugs, chemical precursors and related offences.
• The agreement aims to enhance mutual cooperation for prevention of the illicit consumption of drugs through exchange of information, expertise and capacity building.
• It also envisages establishment of effective institutional interaction and curbing transnational narcotics trafficking including disruption of terrorist financing structures.
Cabinet approves Memorandum of Cooperation between India and France in field of environment
• The Union Cabinet approved the signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India and France in the field of environment.
• The Memorandum of Cooperation aims to promote long-term cooperation between both the countries in the field of environment protection and management of natural resources on the basis of equity, reciprocity and mutual benefits.
• It is expected to bring in the latest technologies and best practices for better environment protection, better conservation, better management of climate change and wildlife conservation.