Minister of State (I/C) for Commerce and Industry Nirmala Sitharaman on 3 May 2016 launched EXIM Analytics Dashboard to provide an easy access to detailed trade data of the country.
This web-based dashboard will provide an accurate perspective to the general public on the facts around the trade performance in India.
The portal developed by the Directorate General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics, at the instance of the Ministry would provide data graphically exposing patterns, trends and correlations that might go undetected in text based data.
It will also provide a graphical collection of export and import from India for example
• The export turnover of the country, how it performs over time?
• What are the export destinations?
• What items are being exported?
• Which are the ports – inland, sea or airports from which the exports are taking place?
This will enable small and upcoming businessmen to foray into global trade based on reliable information directly accessible through government sources.
The EXIM Analytics dashboard enables analysis of trade information of India relating to:
• Export Overview: It provides analysis of data by time period, export destinations and ports of export.
• Import Overview: It provides analysis of data by time period, countries of Import and ports of import.
• Balance of Trade (BOT): BOT can be analysed over time periods for different Regions, Countries and Ports.
The data for analysis is presented as a month’s aggregate at its lowest granularity, namely, at the level of country, commodity, port etc.
At present, monthly data from April 2014 till January 2016 has been provided on the analytics. Progressively additional dashboards and data for older period will be added.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 3 May 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.