Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal on 1 November 2017 announced the launch of the Food Regulatory Portal and Investor Facilitation Portal “Nivesh Bandhu” while chairing the Press Conference detailing about the World Food India 2017 Expo.
World Food India Expo is a mega event which would showcase the entire value chain in the food sector.
'Food Regulatory Portal'
• MoFPI and FSSAI will jointly launch the 'Food Regulatory Portal', a single interface for food businesses to cater to both domestic operations and food imports.
• Food Regulatory Portal will be a game changer for effective and transparent implementation of the food safety laws in the country.
• The portal is strategically aligned with Union Government’s mission of One Nation, One Food Law to create an enabling environment for businesses to operate.
• Investor Facilitation Portal “Nivesh Bandhu” will assist investors to make informed investment decisions.
• It will provide information on Central and State Governments’ investor friendly policies, agro-producing clusters, infrastructure, and potential areas of investment in the food processing sector.
About World Food India 2017 Expo
• Over 150 Global CEOs will come under one roof to attend the event. The event is expected to generate Rs 65000 Crore worth of investment and 10 lakh jobs.
• The mega event will host 8 sectoral conferences, 2 plenary sessions on “India the preferred destination” and one on 'One Nation, One Food Law'.
• A massive exhibition spread over 40000 sq mtrs in the C- Hexagon lawns of India Gate will be held. More than 800 global companies representing 22 Countries and domestic companies will be exhibiting.
• A special feature of the Event is the “Food Street”, a lively vibrant zone that will showcase Indian and foreign cuisines using Indian ingredients and flavours, specially curated by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
• The event is supported by Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Development of North East Region, Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Who: Union Government
When: 1 November 2017