Union Minister of Labour & Employment Bandaru Dattatreya on 16 May 2017 launched EPFO’s Citizens’ Charter 2017 and E-Court Management System along with it.
Highlights of EPFO’s Citizens’ Charter 2017
• Citizens’ Charter 2017 of EPFO is an attempt to bring transparency and accountability on the part of EPFO.
• It will also offer social security coverage to all employees as well as implementation of policies for benefit of all stakeholders with adequate support level of social security.
• The charter will make service delivery system and grievance redressal mechanism more efficient so that it delivers goods and services to its all stakeholders in a time bound manner with a reduced timeline from earlier timeline of 30 days.
• The timeline in case of claim settlements is 10 days and 15 days in case of grievance redressal management.
Highlights of EPFO E-Court Management System
• It is a transparent and electronic case management system which will cater to aspirations of all stakeholders – the employers, the employees, litigants and CBT.
• It is a step towards paperless court system wherein court procedure of EPF & MP Act, 1952 and EPFAT will take place in a digital environment.
• Moreover, in order to facilitate easy access to the tribunal, automated messages will be sent to the litigants on their registered mobile numbers on the status of their cases.
• The stakeholders can also track the individual cases online.
• The parties can file all their paper / evidence / documents online and all the details along with status can be accessed online.
When: 16 May 2017