Union Government launches EPFO’s Citizens’ Charter 2017
It will also offer social security coverage to all employees as well as implementation of policies for benefit of all stakeholders.
Union Minister of Labour & Employment Bandaru Dattatreya on 16 May 2017 launched EPFO’s Citizens’ Charter 2017 and E-Court Management System along with it.
Highlights of EPFO’s Citizens’ Charter 2017
• Citizens’ Charter 2017 of EPFO is an attempt to bring transparency and accountability on the part of EPFO.
• It will also offer social security coverage to all employees as well as implementation of policies for benefit of all stakeholders with adequate support level of social security.
• The charter will make service delivery system and grievance redressal mechanism more efficient so that it delivers goods and services to its all stakeholders in a time bound manner with a reduced timeline from earlier timeline of 30 days.
• The timeline in case of claim settlements is 10 days and 15 days in case of grievance redressal management.
Highlights of EPFO E-Court Management System
• It is a transparent and electronic case management system which will cater to aspirations of all stakeholders – the employers, the employees, litigants and CBT.
• It is a step towards paperless court system wherein court procedure of EPF & MP Act, 1952 and EPFAT will take place in a digital environment.
• Moreover, in order to facilitate easy access to the tribunal, automated messages will be sent to the litigants on their registered mobile numbers on the status of their cases.
• The stakeholders can also track the individual cases online.
• The parties can file all their paper / evidence / documents online and all the details along with status can be accessed online.