As we know that Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched One Nation One Card in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Let us tell you that it is the first National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) in the country. It will help people in various types of transport charges including bus charges, toll tax, metro services, parking etc. Also, with the help of this card a person can withdraw money from the same card throughout the country. Let us study more about One Nation One Card in detail with some important facts through this article.
Interesting facts about One Nation One Card
- The One Nation One Card has been developed by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- This card will be the most handy when you don't have any change on cash while travelling. No doubt it is a one-stop solution for all your cash needs.
- One Nation One Card is unique and few countries have this type of a card.
- If you want this card, you have to visit your bank for it.
- This card will work like debit or credit card and is enabled by RuPay.
- The Paytm Payments Bank can also issue this card.
- With the help of this single card you can make payments of bus, metro, railways, toll, parking, retail shopping etc.
- Cardholders can also withdraw money as it is termed as One Nation One Card.
- This card is completely indigenous. It consists of an AFC (Automatic fare Collection) system known as SWEEKAR.
- According to the standards of NCMC, Swachalit Gate (SWAGAT) was developed to construct a common payment eco-system for this card.
- Do you know that if the user, use this card in an ATM, they will get 5 percent cash back. If it is used at merchant outlets, they are entitled to 10 percent cash back.
- It will be issued by any bank as debit, credit or prepaid.
- This card is a contactless card and will allow people to tap-and-go.
- The concept of One Nation One Card that is a single card for all public transportation came from Singapore and London. London's Oyster card allows travel on any bus, metro or suburban trains.
- Do you know that 25 banks including State Bank of India and Punjab National Bank among others are equipped to provide you this card.
So, these are the features and benefits of One Nation One Card.