Staff Selection Commission like every year has invited applicants to apply for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts. Those candidates having passed 10+2 examination and are between 18 to 27 years of age are eligible to apply for the SSC Stenographer Recruitment examination scheduled to commence in the year. The recruitment process contains written examination and skill test for the candidates win, which the candidates have to possess speed of 100 wpm and 80 wpm in stenography for Stenographer ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts respectively. The written test contains three major papers namely,
- General Intelligence & Reasoning,
- General Awareness
- English Language and Comprehension.
The total marks for the written test is 200 for which the candidates get a total time of 2 hours.
Consequent Subjects of the Stenographer Examination
- General Intelligence and Reasoning paper: - Candidates are tested for their reasoning ability and decision making power under this section. It is quite tricky one that needs regular preparation in order to get sorted out.
- Current Affairs:- Apart from reasoning ability the candidates are judged depending upon their knowledge in the current affairs. The candidates are expected to know the nitty gritty of the everyday news that has national or international news appeal. Candidates are expected to be aware of their immediate environment as well as keep a vigilant eye on the incidents and events of world importance.
- English Language: - This test is another vital paper in the written examination for scrutinizing the understanding of the language, its grammar, sentence formation skills and reading comprehension is checked by the recruitment agency.
Books to follow for Stenographer Examination
In order to prepare the candidates need to take support of the right kind of books. There are many books available in the market claiming to be the best, but it is advisable not to fall prey to the claims and decide to buy a book only because of its merits. It is important to keep a check on the contents of the books before buying and tally it with the relevant syllabus of the competitive exam. The candidates should also analyze the originality of the books while buying as well, by double checking the holograms and publishing agencies well. There are books which are made to make life easier for the candidates and these books contain Mock Tests, Drills, previous year questions and many more to help candidates prepare a blueprint of their studies.