The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on 1 January 2018 declared the results of the CDS (II) 2017 Exam. The successful candidates are expected to be called for the SSB Interview in February and March 2018. The Services Selection Board (SSB) Interviews have a five days testing schedule, other than the day of arrival or reporting.
During the 4-day long SSB Interview, the Group Discussion will be conducted as part of the Group Tests on the Day-3. As part of the Group Discussion, the candidates are given two topics to discuss. The topics cover important social issue and current event and 20 minutes allotted to each topic.
For the benefit of the candidates who are going to appear for the SSB Interview, Jagran Josh is providing a list of important topics for the Group Discussion. The topics cover important issues of economy, society, India-world relations, defence and security, government policies, etc. They are as given below.
Defence and Security
• Modernisation of the Armed Forces
• Doklam Stand off between India and China
• Relevance of surgical strikes/Hot pursuit strategies
• Reasons for NE Insurgency
• Joint defence exercises
• Recently inducted vessels in Indian Navy and Coast Guard
• LCA Tejas
• India-Japan-US Defence Relations
• Joint Training Doctrine Indian Armed Forces 2017
• Role of DRDO in Indian Security and Defence
• Corruption in Indian Defence Procurements
• AFSPA Controversy
• Delay in execution of defence projects
• Cross Border Terrorism in Jammu & Kashmir
• Army personnel suitable for political offices post-retirement
• Use of technology in Tri -Services
• Non Performing Assets with Banks in India
• GST – Issues related to Implementation
• Demonetization: Good or Bad
• Corruption in India
• Impact of automation on jobs in India
• Union Budget 2018-19
• Economic Survey 2017-18
Social & Others
• Women Reservations Bill
• Role of Social Media in day-to-day life
• Smart Phone addiction among Youth
• Significance of Yoga
• Problem of Dowry
• Pollution problem in Delhi
• Threats to Communal Harmony
• Reservations in Private Sector
• Means Vs Ends Debate
• Swachh Bhart Campaign: Success or Failure?
• Voting Rights to NRIs
• Reasons for Sports Underdevelopment in India
• Concept of Inclusive Development
• Restrictions on Freedom of Speech
• Does India need bullet trains?
• Justice delayed is justice denied
• SC judgement on Right to Privacy and Future of Aadhaar
• Appointments to Higher Judiciary
• India-US Relations: Recent Agreements & Impact
• Impact of Brexit on Indian Economy
• India-Israel Relations
• India – ASEAN Relations
The aspirants are advised to prepare material on the above given topics and prepare for the discussion.
Best wishes from Jagran Josh!!!!
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.