Eastern Railway, Sealdah Division invited applications for recruitment against Sports Quota for the year 2013-14. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 8 January 2014. Eastern Railway (ER) was formed on 14 April 1952 by integration of the East Indian Railway (EIR) consisting of Sealdah, Howrah, Asansol and Danapur Divisions and the entire Bengal – Nagpur Railway (BNR).
• Last Date for Receipt of Application: 8 January 2014
• Last Date for Receipt of Application for candidates residing abroad and Andaman Nicobar, Lakshadweep Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Mizoram, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh: 24 January 2014
Name of Posts: PB-1 in scale Rs. 5200-20200/- with GP Rs. 1800/- against Sports Quota for the year 2013-14
Name of the Discipline
• Football: 2 Men
• Golf: 1 Men
• Cricket: 2 Men
Total No. of Posts: 5 Posts
• Candidate should have 18 years and not below 25 years as on 1 January 2014.
• No Age Relaxation in lower or upper age limits for any category of candidate.
Candidate should be 10th pass or ITI or equivalent from a recognized Board/Body.
• Unreserved and OBC candidate need to pay application fee of Rs. 40/- in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of Divisional Sports Officer / Divisional Sports Association / Eastern Railway, Sealdah, payable at GPO/Kolkata.
• SC/ST, Minority Communities (Muslims/Christians/Sikhs/Buddhists/Zorastrians), Ex. Serviceman and economically backward Classes whose family income is less than Rs. 50,000/- per annum are exempted from payment of fee.
Pay Scale: Rs.5200-20200 + GP of Rs. 1800/-
Candidate will be selected on the basis of Trial in respective game to be conducted by Trial Committee followed by interview.
How to Apply
• Candidate need to download application format as available in the notification.
• Fill it with all mandatory details, attach Photocopies of certificates in regard to sports achievements, educational qualifications, age proof, Caste etc., 2 self addressed envelopes (size 23 cm. X 10 cm.) with Rs. 5/- postage stamp affixed on each envelope, 1 passport size photograph should be pasted on space provided in the application form duly cross signed by the applicant and 2 passport size photographs with name written on the back, Copy of employment exchange registration certificate (if any), IPO, super scribe “ APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT IN PB-1 SCALE Rs.5200-20200/-; GRADE PAY Rs 1800/- AGAINST SPORTS QUOTA -2013-14 OPEN ADVERTISEMENT WITH EMPLOYMENT NOTICE NO. E/SC/SPORTS/SELECT/2013-14 Sealdah 30-10-2013 & SPORTS DISCIPLINE” on the top of the envelope and send to Sports Officer, Divisional Railway Manager’s Office (1st floor), Sports Section, Kaiser Street, Sealdah, Kolkata-700014 before 8 January 2014.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.