- The High Court of Gujarat on 2 April 2014 restored the power of the Reserve Bank of India to decide the period after which the bad loan can be called as a non-performing asset (NPA).
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Co-operative Ltd (IFFCO), India's leading fertiliser cooperative, got permission from the Quebec Provincial Government to set up a 1.6 billion US dollar Urea plant. Quebec province, Canada's largest, is located in the east-central region of the country.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 23 April 2014 issued uniform accounting standards for Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs). The norms were issued with regard to acquiring non-performing loans, recognising revenue and management fees to ensure common treatment for firms.
- Justice Rajendra Mal Lodha on 27 April 2014 was sworn-in as the 41st Chief Justice of India. The oath was administered by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee. Justice Lodha will have a brief tenure of five months as the Chief Justice as he will retire on 27 September 2014.
- India on 27 April 2014 test-fired an exo-atmospheric interceptor missile, called Prithvi Defence Vehicle with capability to neutralise any long-range missile at higher altitude.
- Time Magazine released the 100 most influential people in the world list on 24 April 2014. The annual list includes US President Barack Obama, Chinese President Xi Jinping, Grammy-winning artist Beyonce, US Secretary of State John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Pope Francis, Russian President Vladimir Putin, whistleblower Edward Snowden, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Pakistani girl’s educational activist Malala Yousafzai among others.
- Japanese foods firm Nissin Foods on 23 April 2014 appointed Gautam Sharma as the Managing Director (MD) of its Indian arm Indo Nissin. He succeeds Yuji Tabeta. Yuji Tabeta was promoted to a senior role.
- Publisher Simon & Shuster on 19 April 2014 announced that they will release a book named Hard Choices authored by Hillary Rodham Clinton, the former first lady and New York senator on 10 June 2014.
- Microsoft, the US software giant on 25 April 2014 completed acquisition of Nokia’s mobile handset business, excluding the Nokia’s Chennai factory from the over 7.2 billion US dollar deal due to tax issues.
- Vic Gundotra on 24 April 2014 resigned from the Internet Company Google. He was working as a head of Google+. He was serving the company from 2007. Google Plus is a social network site that was launched in 2011.
- GMR Infrastructure signed the concession agreement with Mactan Cebu International Airport of Philippines on 22 April 2014. The agreement is to develop and operate the Mactan International Airport.
- Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) Ircon International Limited (IRCON) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Transparency International India (TII) on 22 April 2014. It signed the MoU for implementing Integrity Pact.
- Cognizant, the IT services firm on 22 April 2014 announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with itaas to acquire it. Itaas is a US-based digital video solutions firm headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Cadbury India Limited on 22 April 2014 announced to change its name to Mondelez India Foods Limited. Cadbury India Limited is a subsidiary of Mondelez International Inc.
- The Fatah and Hamas on 23 April 2014 signed a reconciliation agreement to end their difference and form a Palestinian Unity Government in Gaza Strip.
- US President Barack Obama and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe issued a Joint Statement in Tokyo, Japan on 25 April 2014. The US President Barack Obama is currently on a four-nation trip to Asia, his fifth as the US President.
- India on 25 April 2014 launched an educational outreach programme in Pretoria, South Africa under which unemployed South African youths can benefit themselves from internships in India. The new academic programme was launched by the Indian High Commissioner Virendra Gupta.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization. Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.