- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 25 March 2015 signed a 400 million US dollar currency swap agreement with the Central Bank of Sri Lanka. The agreement is valid for a period of three years from the date of signing
- Indian Railways on 24 March 2015 launched its own RuPay pre-paid card. The card will enable passengers to book their Rail tickets and do shopping using RuPay pre-paid debit cards. Card can be availed from either the Union Bank or the IRCTC.
- Indiabulls Housing Finance (IBHFL) has raised $150 million (Rs 940 crore) from Qatar National Bank Group (QNB Group) under external commercial borrowings for low-cost and affordable housing.
- Nobel Laureate John F Nash Jr. won the Abel Prize 2015 for his work on partial differential equations. The prize was announced on 25 March 2015 by the Norwegian Academy of Sciences and Letters. They will receive the Abel Prize from His Majesty King Harald at a ceremony in Oslo on 19 May 2015.
- Food for All: International Organizations and the Transformation of Agriculture written by Uma Lele was in news in March 2015. The book will be published by Oxford University Press.
- Novel titled Family Life written by Akhil Sharma was in news recently because for this novel the author won the Folio Prize for fiction for the year 2015.
- The Ministry of Railways appointed Ajay Shankar committee on 25 March 2015 to review the performance of the Public Private Partnership (PPP) cell functioning under the Railway Board.
- Usha International Limited on 25 March 2015 won the Gold award in the Last Mile Distribution Initiative of the year category at the 6th Annual Flame Awards 2015. The awards were hosted by the Rural Marketing Association of India.
- The Vice President of India M Hamid Ansari on 25 March 2015 released a book titled Faces and Places written by Prof. Deepak Nayyar, noted economist and former Vice Chancellor of Delhi University.
- The thirteenth state level philatelic exhibition of Gujarat postal circle or Gujpex-2015 was inaugurated by the Gujarat Governor O.P. Kohli at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Memorial in Ahmedabad on 24 March 2015.
- Cipla Limited on 25 March 2015 launched generic drug of Sofosbuvir under the brand name Hepcvir for treating Hepatitis C.
- Vikramjit Singh Oberoi on 24 March 2015 was appointed as the Managing Director (MD) of the EIH Limited which runs the Oberoi hotels under the aegis of The Oberoi Group. He will take the charge from 1 April 2015.
- TC Goyal to retire from the post of managing director of DLF limited.
- Google Inc on 24 March 2015 appointed Ruth Porat as Chief Financial Officer (CFO). She will take the charge on 26 May 2015. She will report to Google CEO and Co-Founder Larry Page.
- President of India Pranab Mukherjii on 27 March 2015 presented Bharat Ratna award to Former Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee at his home. Bharat Ratna is India's highest civilian honour.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on 27 March 2015 won Gandhi Peace Prize 2014. The award was selected by the jury under the chairmanship of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Diplomat Vikas Swarup was appointed as an official spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on 25 March 2015. Swarup a 1986 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer is also author of bestseller debut novel Q&A, on which the Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire was based.
- Kerala Finance Minister KM Mani was appointed as the Chairman of the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers on Goods and Services Tax (GST) by the Union Finance Ministry on 24 March 2015.
- Renowned Hindi poet Gopaldas Neeraj on 24 March 2015 won the Rashtriya Kavi Pradeep Samman for the year 2012-13. The award is given by the Department of Culture of Madhya Pradesh (MP) government.
- International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade 2015 was observed globally on 25 March 2015. The theme for the year 2015 is Women and Slavery.
- The abbreviation SCRIP (SASEC Road Connectivity Investment Program) was in news as a loan agreement of 300 million US dollars under the programme was signed between the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Union Ministry of Finance on 26 March 2015.
- Indian author Amitav Ghosh on 24 March 2015 was shortlisted for the 2015 Man Booker International Prize. He is the only Indian among the 10 finalists shortlisted for the prize.
- World Tuberculosis Day (WTD) 2015 was globally observed on 24 March 2015. The theme for the year 2015 is continuation of the 2014 theme Reach the 3 Million. The main sub-theme and message for the year 2015 is Reach, Treat, Cure Everyone.
- Indian-American Renu Khator on 18 March 2015 was elected as the Chairperson of the Board of Directors of the American Council on Education (ACE). ACE is the major coordinating body for US colleges and universities.
- Three-year-old archer Dolly Shivani Cherukuri of Andhra Pradesh on 24 March 2015 entered the India Book of Records. She entered the list of records by scoring 388 points in the recurve segment in two distances, seven and five meters, at the Volga Archery Academy in Vijayawada.
- Indian shuttlers, Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth on 29 March 2015 won the women’s and men's singles titles of the 275000 dollar India Open Super Series badminton tournament.
- Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis, the Indo-Swiss women pair of Tennis, on 21 March 2015 won the women doubles title of BNP Paribas Open. In the title clash played at Indian Wells, USA, the duo defeated the Russian pair of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina 6-3, 6-4.