Union Public Services Commission has released the Scheme of Exams recently and the IAS Main Exam 2013 is just round the corner. This exam will be watched closely by all the candidates whether qualified for IAS Main or not because this is the first time when the IAS Main will be conducted on new pattern.
Geography always has a defining edge that spill over all the other sections of General Studies Syllabus. Geography is so vast in its content s that it nearly covers all the areas of the general studies. The Environment Studies can be taken as a part of the Geography because it is affected by the physical features of the area.
There are various branches of Geography which have an overlapping area of study with other subjects such as Economic Geography, Population Geography and the Like branches. The Geography students always have an edge in General Studies due to its wide coverage.Important Topics for General Studies Geography are as Follows:
• Disaster and disaster management- earthquake, cloud burst - landslides, cyclones and Tsunami
• Infrastructure: Ports, Roads, Airports, Railway and Energy Sector
• Women’s organization and role of women in light of declining sex ratio, Population and associated issues
• Post independence consolidation of landholdings & reorganization of states.
• Relation between development (regional disparity) & rise and spread of extremism
• Poverty and developmental issues.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.