Nalanda University invited applications for admission to its formal academic programme with offering Master’s degrees in the following two schools in the Academic Year 2014-2015.
Last date for submission of admission form: 30 June 2014 (Monday)
Detail of Programmes
Master Degree Programmes (Duration 2 Years):
- School of Historical Studies
- School of Ecology and Environment Studies
For Indian students:
- A first class degree i.e. 60% from any Central University or 65% marks for applicants from other institutions.
- A minimum of three years Bachelor’s degree is required.
For graduates from all other countries:
- If candidate’s institution uses the Grade Point Average (GPA) system, then candidate should normally have obtained or expect to obtain a GPA of at least 3.5 or above on a 4 point scale.
English Proficiency: A requirement for all candidates
The University requires all applicants to demonstrate a high level of competence in the English language, as all courses will be conducted in English. Adherence to this requirement is strict. Students must be able to demonstrate that they are able to communicate in English at a level suitable to the Graduate Programs.
Any one of the following will be accepted as evidence of competence in English:
- For graduates from non-Indian universities scores of one of the accepted English Language tests (TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC,PTE,STEP)
- Indian students must have completed their undergraduate education in English as the medium of instruction and examination. (A certificate to this effect is needed).
- Any offer of a place in the Nalanda University Graduate Program will depend on:
- Academic qualifications and relevant professional or other experience if appropriate
- Suitability for the school / course.
- Rigour of program / education completed.
- Proficiency in English.
- Academic References.
- Written Statement of Purpose.
- Sample of graded written work.
- Applicants should ensure that all of these requirements are provided.
- Candidates will be shortlisted and such candidates will be interviewed by means such as Skype before the offer of admission is made.
- Candidates offered admission must send their acceptance within the time specified.
- The University will have a wait list and it will be their discretion to use it or not.
How to Apply
- The entire application process for admissions is paperless and online method is used.
- Each completed application will be considered by the admissions team.
- Only applications that are complete in all respects will be evaluated.
To apply online, kindly click on the link: https://nalanda.formistry.com and follow the application process.