Following the instructions of the apex body University Grants Commission (UGC), Delhi University (DU) has decided to change the nomenclature of 12 degree programmes offered by the university. The list goes as follows:
- Master of Comparative Law has now been amended to LLM (Comparative Law)
- Master of Human Resource and Organizational Development(MHROD) would be changed to Master of Business Administration (Human Resource Development)
- MBA(HRD) and Maser of International Business (MIB) to Master of Business Administration (International Business)
- B.Tech/ B.S. Innovation with Mathematics and IT would be replace with B. Tech Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations
- Four year B. Tech Humanities course would be modified to three-year B.A. Hons. (Humanities and Social Sciences). The nomenclature would change for B.Tech students who were admitted in academic sessions 2011-2015, 2012-2016 and 2013-2017 as well.
- Master of Mathematics Education would be replaced by M.Sc. (Mathematics Education)
- Bachelor of Business Economics(BBE) would become B.A.(Honors) Business Economics
- Bachelor of Finance and Investment Analysis (BFIA) would become Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- Bachelor of Mass Media and Mass Communication( B.M.M.M.C) would now become B.A(Multimedia &Mass Communication)
- B.A. Honors Journalism and Mass Communication would become B.A. (Honors) Journalism
- Master of Business Economics(MBE) would be replaced by M.A. (Business Economics)
These are the amendments in the courses and were given nod by the university’s Executive Council earlier this year in July. Besides the nomenclature of various courses, there would be changes in the scheme of examination and course contents would also get modified. After the Four Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP) debacle and its failure the UGC has pressurized DU to modify their nomenclature once again and made them stable.