Southern Railway Jobs Notification: Southern Railway has invited applications for the post of Sportsperson. The eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format on or before 14 January 2019. The online application will be opened for far-flung candidates up to 29 January 2019.
Advertisement No.: SR 01/2018 dated 15-12-2018
- Last Date of Application: 14 January 2019
- Last date for submission of application for far flung areas – 29 January 2019
Southern Railway Vacancy Details
- Athletics (Men) – 6 Posts
- Athletics (Women) – 4 Posts
- Boxing (Men) – 2 Posts
- Body Building (Men) – 2 Posts
- Chess (Men) – 1 Post
- Cycling (Men) – 1 Post
- Swimming (Men) – 3 Posts
- Table Tennis (Men)- 1 Post
- Weightlifting (Men) - 1 Post
Eligibility Criteria for Sports Quota Posts
- For post in Level 2 & 3 of 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – 12th Pass.
- For post in Level 4 & 5 of 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – Graduation.
- Category A – Olympic Games (Senior Category)
- Category B – World Cup (Junior/Senior Category), World Championships (Junior/Senior Category), Asian Games (Senior Category), Common Wealth Games (Senior Category)
- Category C – Commonwealth Championships (Junior/Senior Category), Asian Championships/Asia Cup (Junior/Senior Category), South Asian Federation (SAF) Games (Senior Category), USIC (World Railway) Championship (Senior Category)
Age Limit – 18 to 25 years
How to Apply for Southern Railway Jobs 2018
Eligible candidates can apply to the post by sending applications to The Deputy Chief Personnel Officer/R&W, Personnel Department, Southern Railway Headquarter Office, Park Town, Chennai-600003 latest by 14 January 2019.
Application Fees for Sports Quota Posts
- Gen & OBC: Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/PwD/: Rs.250/-