Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is all set to conduct SSC – Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2013 for the recruitment of candidates for various posts of Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk in various departments.
The written examination will be held on 20 October 2013, 27 October 2013, and 10 November 2013 at different centers across the country. The questions paper will include 4 Sections comprising General Intelligence, English Language (Basic Knowledge), Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skills), and General Awareness. The total of 200 multiple choice questions will be asked. Each section will have 50 questions with negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
The experts of jagranjosh.com have jotted down some dos and don’ts for the aspirants of SSC – Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2013 that will help them overcome successfully in the exam.
Examination Hall Dos
- Carry Important Documents: Make sure you carry all important documents with you to the examination hall viz, the admit card, color passport size photos, and photo identity proof in original as well as a photocopy.
- Be Punctual: Punctuality is the part and parcel of the prerequisites of a competitive examination. So, plan your journey and estimate the maximum time you would take, including possibility of traffic jams, to reach the venue of examination. This will save you from unnecessary panic and stress.
- Follow Instructions: Confused about filling the instruction? Ask for help from the test administrators and the invigilators. Follow the instructions given by them carefully at all stages of the examination.
- Manage your Time: Since there will be just 120 minutes to solve 200 Objective Type questions, manage your time accordingly without panic. Keeping in mind your grip on topics, pre-decide how much time you would dedicate to a particular section. Read the questions properly without rushing to answer them as there will be negative marking too, and you might fail to spot the easy marks.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Exam 2013: Time Management Tips
- Strategy for answering questions: Keep your cool and try attempting those questions first of which you are very sure of as it will boost your confidence and will save your time. Choose your questions carefully as there is negative marking for wrong answers.
- Chill! It's just an exam: Stay calm while attempting the paper and give your best shot. Try to relax without compromising on speed and avoid tension creeping in your mind.
Examination Hall Don'ts
- Don't lose confidence in the middle of exam if you feel that you have attempted a section of paper badly as it will degrade your performance in the remaining questions.
- Don't get distracted by watching what other people in the hall are doing.
- Do not carry books, notes, calculator, mobile phones, etc inside the examination hall as it might lead to disqualification.
- Some candidates have a habit of folding, wrinkling or rolling their answer sheet. Get rid of this habit as your answer sheet might not be valued by the machine.
- Do not get involved in unfair practice in the examination as it may lead to disqualification from selection process at any stage.
- Do not leave your seat even if you have finished your paper well before time unless you are allowed to do so.
Click here for SSC Combined Higher Secondary Exam Tips & Strategies