Technology has been playing a vital role in education and overall development of kids for many years now. Children these days are familiar with its uses for education and entertainment. However, they are not aware of it consequences on their health and lifestyle as they are becoming more obsessed with gadgets like mobile phones, laptops, television, computers, tablets etc. Read here how technology effects health and everyday life of school kids.
- Less Physical Activities – Kids these days are addicted to mobile phones, laptops, television etc. they prefer to spend time watching videos or playing games and ignore outdoor games. This can influence their overall physical development.
- Harmful effects on Brain and Eyesight – Electronic gadgets emit harmful radiations which affect brain and eyes of kids. Spending too much time staring in to mobile or laptop screen worsens the eyesight and also increases risk of severe diseases like brain cancer, lack of sleep. Moreover, many bone diseases like spondylitis, cervical pain and other diseases are caused due to constant bad posture.
- Chronic Illness – lack of physical activities can bring serious sickness to the children like obesity, heart diseases, diabetes etc.
Why Interpersonal Skills are Important for Students?
- Social Development – children most of the times are hooked onto gadgets and give importance to games and applications over interaction with people. This could affect their social skills and can create communication gap and socialising problems in them.
- Cyber Bullying and other Crimes – They are more inclined towards social media presence as they follow trends on internet and hence seek attention on social media websites. These social media websites are not children friendly and also children are not properly educated about cyber crimes and how they should protect their privacy. It leads to serious cyber crimes such as bullying, depression due to peer pressure etc. this can leave life-long harmful impact on children.
- Poor Academics and stress –The most common loss due to technology is education. We are adapting technology to teach our children more interactively but the same technology can be harmful for children under any negligence. Children often miss their studies time once they are engaged on these gadgets which results in poor performance at school and hence, they are under stress for their results.
Technology has its own pros and cons. It is parents/guardians and teacher’s responsibility that they provide the technology to students in the right approach. They should encourage kids to take part in other recreational activities where physical activities are required. They should schedule their children’s time with gadget and also put child protection modes. They are advised not to give in to the demands of their kids and also they must not constantly deny access to everything. In such cases, reverse psychology play a great role to make kids understands the difference between needs and wants. Kids learn everything from what they see their elders doing so family members should also help them in healthy activities and make them understand technology and it’s uses in an appropriate manner.
Healthy and tasty lunch recipes for school going children