Jagranjosh tells you about the top medical colleges in the state of Punjab
- Christian Medical College
Established in 1915 in Ludhiana, the Christian Medical College was the first Asian medical college for women. It constitutes College of Nursing, Christian Dental College and College of Physiotherapy. The college offers a number of post graduate programs in radiation therapy, anaesthesia, dermatology, clinical psychology, gynaecology and obstetrics, ophthalmology, orthopaedics, physiotherapy and psychiatry.
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
Situated in Chandigarh, PGIMER is considered amongst the top medical colleges of Asia. It is known for its high standards of education, research and training facilities. It believes in imparting high-class education and producing highly skilled medical professionals. The courses on the platter are MD, MS, MDS, Masters in Hospital Administration, Masters in Public Health, DM, MCh and MSc. The college produces specialists as it provides a variety of courses.
- Dayanand Medical College & Hospital – With an aim to provide medical care and education to general public, DMCH was started by Dr Banarasi Dass Soni in 1934. It has got recognition from the Medical Council of India for its MBBS course and all other speciality courses. It also offers DM and MCh courses along with its regular programs.
- Gian Sagar Medical College and Hospital
Recently in 2007, the Gian Sagar Educational Trust started its own medical college that is approved by the Medical Council of India. It is known only for its undergraduate MBBS program for which students have to clear premedical entrance examination known as PMET.
- Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
Equipped with the modern medical equipment, training and research facilities, AIMSR takes 150 medical students every year to make them highly-skilled medical professionals. The admission and the curriculum of the college are created as directed by the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences. Its massive building cannot be missed on Bathinda Barnala highway.
- Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences & Research
It was founded in 1997 by the founder of Amritsar, Sri Guru Ram Das. Besides the conventional bachelor degree of MBBS, it also offers speciality programs including BSc nursing, diploma in general nursing and midwifery, and diploma in medical laboratory technology. The MBBS degree is recognised by the Medical Council of India.