University Grants Commission (UGC) announced its various Scholarship/Fellowship Awards. The awards will be granted to several students categorized under minority students, SC/ST candidates, girl child, women candidates, and university rank holder and so on.
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students http://www.ugc.ac.in/manf/ is for the academic year 2014-15. The fellowship will provide five year fellowships in the form of financial assistance to the students from various minority communities. Apply before 30 August 2014.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidate http://www.ugc.ac.in/rgnf/ is for the academic year 2014-15. The fellowship is for the schedules caste and scheduled tribe candidates who wish to purse higher studies. The scheme is funded by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs. Apply before 25 August 2014.
- Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child for PG Programs http://www.ugc.ac.in/sgc/ is for the academic year 2014-16. The fellowship focuses on giving education to women where UGC will compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels. Apply before 15 September 2014.
- Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders for PG Programs http://www.ugc.ac.in/urh/ is for the academic year 2014-16. To bring the talented boys and girls towards pursuing Post Graduate education, this scholarship is started. All the rank holders of each university at undergraduate level to pursue their Master’s Degree will be awarded with the fellowship. Apply before 15 September 2014.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates http://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfss/ is for the academic year 2014-15. This scheme will help the SC/ST candidates to undertake advanced studies and research in Science, Engineering & Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences in Indian Universities/Institutions/Colleges. Apply before 30 August 2014.
- Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates http://www.ugc.ac.in/pgsprof/ is for the academic year 2014-15. The fellowship will help the SC/ST candidates to undertake the post graduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc in any college or university. Apply before 30 August 2014.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates http://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfw/ is for the academic year 2014-15. This scheme will help the women candidates holding the Ph.D. degree in their respective subject areas to carry out the advanced studies and research. Apply before 16 August 2014.
- Research Awards http://www.ugc.ac.in/ra/ for the academic year 2014-16. This award will be given to those lecturers who have shown their excellence in their respective fields. The candidate should be under 45 years of age. Apply before 16 August 2014.
- Emeritus Fellowship http://www.ugc.ac.in/ef/ for the academic year 2014-15. This scheme will provide an opportunity to the superannuated teachers of universities, colleges and institutions to undertake research, without any restriction of position or pay scales. Apply before 16 August 2014.
- Major Research Project (MRP) http://www.ugc.ac.in/mrp/ for the academic year 2014-15. This scheme helps candidates to pursue research work in various disciplines in an organized manner. Apply before 31 August 2014.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities http://www.ugc.ac.in/rgnfd/ for the academic year 2014-15. This fellowship award will help the disabled students to pursue higher education leading to degrees such as M. Phil. and Ph.D. Apply before 25 August 2014.