Online legal documentation startup LegalDesk.com on 3 August 2016 launched the electronic signing feature eSignDesk that allows people to sign documents digitally from remote places.
With over a billion Aadhaar cardholders and about 25 million transactions taking place every quarter, digital signatures are expected to save time, money and paper.
Highlights of the eSignDesk Facility
• Built on the Aadhaar platform, eSign is an initiative of the Union Government and meant to save money and time for citizens.
• Its users need to have a registered mobile number associated with the Aadhaar card.
• The service will be available on www.eSignDesk.com and will be offered for free to the first 1000 users.
• The documents signed electronically will be legally valid in the country.
• The e-signature deters fraud to a large extent as it cannot be replicated or forged, and the content of the document cannot be tampered with.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App