Air Marshal Hemant Narayan Bhagwat appointed Air Officer-in-charge Administration of Indian Air Force
Air Marshal Bhagwat, the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) and Vayu Sena Medal (VM) awardee, was commissioned in Administrative branch of the Indian Air Force in June 1981.
Air Marshal Hemant Narayan Bhagwat took over as Air Officer-in-Charge Administration (AOA) of Indian Air Force at Air Headquarters in New Delhi on 1 August 2017.
The appointment was announced on 3 August 2017.
About Air Marshal Hemant Narayan Bhagwat
• Air Marshal Bhagwat, the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) and Vayu Sena Medal (VM) awardee, was commissioned in Administrative branch of the Indian Air Force in June 1981.
• After serving for seven years as an Air Traffic control Officer in three different operational bases of the IAF, he qualified as Parachute Jump Instructor and served in instructional capacity for 15 years.
• During his paratrooping career, he undertook over 2400 live parachute jumps in combat as well as sport profile from twenty different types of aircraft.
• He has also served as Chief Instructor of Paratroopers’ Training School, Agra for five years and was leader of prestigious IAF Skydiving Team, Akashganga for several years.
• Besides para jumps in all parts of India, he also participated in several international para exercises including in USA, South Africa, Sri Lanka and Seychelles.
• He is senior most active parachute jump instructor of the IAF.
• He is a graduate of Defence Services Staff College, Wellington and has undergone Higher Air Command Course at College of Air Warfare, Hyderabad and Senior Defence Management Course at College of Defence Management, Secunderabad.
• He completed his MSc in Strategic Studies from Madras University and earned his MPhil from Osmania University.
• He has held several prestigious appointments including that of a Chief Admin Officer of a premier fighter base, Commandant of Garud Regimental Training Centre, as Chief Personnel Staff Officer at HQ South Western Air Command, Senior Officer in charge Administration at HQ Western Air Command and Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Org & Cer) at Air HQ.
• Prior to assuming the appointment of AOA, he served as the Director General (Works & Ceremonials) at Air HQ.
• He was commended by Chief of Air Staff in 1999 and was awarded Vayu Sena Medal by the President of India in 2005 for his contributions to paratrooping field.