Assam Assembly on 4 June 2016 passed the Assam Ease of Doing Business Bill, 2016. The legislation will facilitate the enterprises with a view to attract fresh investment in the state through an easy computerised clearance system.
The Bill replaces the Assam Ease of Doing Business Ordinance, 2016 which came into effect on 26 February 2016.
Highlights of the Bill
• It has a provision for speedy processing of applications and issue of clearances for setting up industries.
• It will create an investment-friendly environment for economic development of the state.
• It provides for establishment of a bureau under the name Assam Bureau of Investment Promotion (ABIP) for the purpose of overall supervision and administration of the speedy processing of applications and issue of various clearances.
How the Bill will facilitate in doing business in the state?
• On receiving the application online, the system will automatically forward it to the competent authority.
• Then the single window agency will hand over hard copies of such applications to the officer under the disposal of the CEO, who will be responsible to get the clearance within the stipulated time-frame.
• Then the single window agency will submit a report to the bureau, the government as well as to the chairman of the executive committee about the status of applications received, disposal, pending and reasons for pending on monthly basis.
The Board of Governors of the ABIP will comprise of
• Chief Minister as chairman
• Industry minister as vice-chairman
• Ministers and senior-most secretaries of all the line departments as members
• At least three representatives from industry bodies
• The Chief Executive Officer of the single window agency will be the member-secretary of the board
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Passed by State Assembly
When: 4 June 2016